- Performing preventative maintenance to any type of roof system will add 40% to the life expectancy, per the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA).
- Cleaning a single ply white membrane annually will help reflect UV and maximize the energy efficiency of the building.
- Detailed cleaning with the proper chemicals is essential in installing single ply patches.
- Water based acrylic coatings are poor performers on roof systems that do not have positive drainage. They will gather dust and debris, causing a dirty roof system and possibly clogging roof drains.
- Detailed scopes of work and specifications are essential for obtaining competitive pricing for roof repairs and re-roofing.
Friday, July 24, 2015
Five Fact Friday!
Welcome to the first edition of RoofConnect's Five Fact Friday! We hope to make this a weekly posting that will provide valuable information on various roofing topics.